44 refreshment stations will ensure that the 90.184km Comrades journey is that much more exciting, exhilarating and rewarding.
CMA Race Director, Rowyn James has confirmed that 44 well stocked refreshment stations will offer the following refreshments:
- Coke – 30,350 litres
- Fanta / Crème Soda – 10,650 litres
- Coke paper cups (175ml) – 450,000
- Energade sachets (150ml) – 750,000
- Water sachets – 1.875 million
- Bananas – 9 tons
- Oranges – 8 tons
- Biscuits – 1 ton
- Racefood honey nougat energy bars – 21,000
- Cooked potatoes – 2 tons
- Energade (500ml) – 51,360 RTD bottles
- Mageu Number 1 (250ml) – 32,640 RTD sachets
At the finish venue, upon completion of the epic Comrades voyage, the athlete will enjoy an ice cold 500ml RTD bottle of Energade, as well as a choice of soup and bread or tea and coffee.