It’s not just about the 90.184km from the Pietermaritzburg City Hall to the Moses Mabhida Stadium, come Sunday, 10 June. It’s about the ‘gees’ and the vibe along the undulating route with its 44 refreshment stations that will make the Comrades journey that much more exciting, exhilarating and rewarding.
Comrades Marathon Association (CMA) Race Director, Rowyn James, has confirmed that 44 well stocked refreshment stations will offer the following refreshments:
- Coke – 30,350 litres
- Fanta / Crème Soda – 10,650 litres
- Coke paper cups (175ml) – 450,000
- Energade sachets (150ml) – 750,000
- Water sachets – 1.875 million
- Bananas – 9 tons
- Oranges – 8 tons
- Biscuits – 1 ton
- Racefood honey nougat energy bars – 21,000
- Cooked potatoes – 2 tons
- Energade (500ml) – 51,360 RTD bottles
- Mageu Number 1 (250ml) – 32,640 RTD sachets
At the finish venue, upon completion of the epic Comrades voyage, the athlete will enjoy an ice cold 500ml RTD bottle of Energade, as well as a choice of soup and bread or tea and coffee.
James says, “Many runners have credited the Comrades Marathon refreshment stations for offering a feast along the way. It is our intention that our athletes are well catered for along the route for what is arguably their most grueling road-running journey annually.”