Entries for the 2017 Comrades Marathon are limited to a maximum of 20 000 and there will be no extensions. All current and potential Comrades Marathon runners that wish to run the 2017 Comrades Marathon are urged to take careful note of the entry process and the cutoff date. All runners are urged to enter early to avoid disappointment.
Entries open on the 1 September 2016 and close on 30 November 2016 or once the quota of 20 000 has been reached.
ALL ENTRIES ARE NOW CLOSED
- Early Bird Entry for South African Entrants (1 September to 30 September 2016 ONLY) is R420.00.
- South African Entry Fee (1 October 2016 to 30 November 2016) is R460.00.
- Rest of Africa Entry Fee (1 October 2016 to 30 November 2016) is R 770.00.
- International Entry Fee (1 October 2015 to 30 November 2015) is R 2650.
- Entry fee is waived for holders of 25 or more Comrades medals.
- Contact CMA for a 25 medal plus voucher number, required during the entry process.
- THE ENTRY FEE IS NON-REFUNDABLE.
Entries open on 1 September 2016 and close on 30 November 2016. There will only be one entry window period for all athletes to enter, whether they are former Comrades runners, Novices, Rest of Africa, International or South African runners. Entries will be limited to a maximum of 20,000 and no extensions will be entered into. Entries will close on 30 November 2016 or once the 20,000 entries have been received (e.g. if 20,000 entries are received by 15 November 2016 then no further entries will be accepted). All current and potential Comrades Marathon runners that wish to run in 2017 are urged to take careful note of the entry process and the cut-off date.
NO entries will be taken in 2017.
Total number of entries will be capped at 20,000.
HOW TO ENTER
1. ONLINE ENTRIES - Please note that in order to enter online you will require either a Debit/Credit Card (Visa/MasterCard). Online entries will open at midday on 1 September 2016.
2. DROP OFF POINT- Hand deliver your entry to the CMA House in Pietermaritzburg by 16h30 on closing date of entries. (See above for details of closing date).
3. POSTAL ENTRIES - Post your entry to Comrades Marathon, PO Box 100621, Scottsville, 3209. You may enter using one of the following options, either by cheque, or direct deposit. All cheques and direct deposits must be made payable to the Comrades Marathon Association. Postal entries must be postmarked by the Post Office no later than closing date of entries (see Closing Date of Entries details). We strongly recommend that you send your entries by registered post. Please keep a copy of your entry form, registered post receipt and deposit slip. Should there be any issues with the non-delivery of your entry, we will require these copies from you.
4. DIRECT DEPOSIT - Runners may pay their entry fee by DIRECT DEPOSIT into a Nedbank branch and post their entry form and deposit slip to CMA. Bank details are: Nedbank, Branch Code: 130526, Account No. 1305846559. Please write your ID Number on the original deposit slip and attach this to the entry form.
POST THE ORIGINAL DEPOSIT SLIP WITH YOUR ENTRY.
No photocopies will be accepted.
Keep a copy of your entry form.
PLEASE DO NOT DUPLICATE YOUR ENTRY.
NO FAX ENTRIES WILL BE ACCEPTED!
NO LATE ENTRIES WILL BE ACCEPTED.
ENTRY FEES ARE NOT REFUNDABLE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES.
The Comrades Marathon will accept substitutions for the 2017 Comrades Marathon during the window period starting on 14 March 2017 and ending 14 April 2017, 16h30. ALL APPLICATIONS MUST REACH THE CMA OFFICE NO LATER THAN 14 APRIL 2017. PLEASE ENSURE THAT YOU MAKE THE NECESSARY ARRANGEMENTS TO HAVE YOUR SUBSTITUTION ENTRY FORM IN OFFICE BY CLOSE OF BUSINESS ON 14 APRIL 2017. IF YOUR ENTRY REACHES THE CMA ON 15 APRIL 2017, IT WILL NOT BE PROCESSED. NO LATE ENTRIES WILL BE PROCESSED. Substitution Forms will be available at the CMA from 14 March 2017.