Race 4 Charity offers runners an opportunity to deepen the experience of running the Comrades Marathon by combining their hard work in training into something generous for charity. It’s a chance to enrich our communities while enjoying a self-enriching experience.
We have chosen 6 Charities with established track records of delivering on their visions, missions and values. All have shown to have a major benefit on our country over a diverse array of services they offer.
The campaign is intended to foster wider support for charitable fundraising and an exciting facet to this campaign is that runners have the opportunity to improve their seeding batch, while raising funds for a good cause.
The CMA has reserved 500 entries for our charity runners. Those who succeed in raising R6,000 each get to start in the C seeding batch, an exclusive goodie bag and the opportunity of running in your special charities Comrades shirt.
Our six Charities are:
- Community Chests of DBN & PMB –http://www.communitychest.org.za/
- Wildlands Conservation Trust – http://wildtrust.co.za/
- World Vision South Africa – https://www.worldvision.co.za
- Childhood Cancer Foundation of SA (CHOC) – https://choc.org.za/
- Hillcrest AIDS Centre Trust – https://www.hillaids.org.za/
- Hospice Palliative Care Association (HPCA) – https://hpca.co.za/
- Race4Charity is specifically for Comrades runners entered into the 2020 Comrades
- Runners must enter the Comrades Marathon before the closing date 30 November 2019 (or before the cap is reached) – or via substitution process in March
- Runners will need to create their unique fundraising page. This is done via their entry profile. (comrades.com – login, 2020 entry update)
- Runners will need to select one of the official 6 Comrades Marathon Amabeadibeadi Charities to support. (All funds donated to Amabeadibeadi directly will be split equally between the 6 official )
- Only the 6 Official Charities will be supported on this
- R6000 must be raised by Closing date of 2 May 2020 to qualify for the C Batch.
- Normal race rules apply – runners must still supply qualifying details and club licence
- No refunds will be given should a runner fail to qualify for the race or raise the minimum
HERE’S HOW IT WORKS:
Signing up to join the #Race4Charity can be done with your Comrades Marathon entry profile online.
Log into your 2020 entry profile with your username and password at www.comrades.com.
- The last tab of your entry form is for Charities and Products
- Tick “Do you want to create your own fundraising page?” – YES
- Choose a charity to support. Tell us a bit about yourself and why you’re running for your chosen charity; and then update your profile.
- You can get your URL for direct donations by checking the Start List & clicking on the globe icon:
- Funds donated directly to your profile are a secure way for your supporters to donate and avoids the hassle for of having to go to a bank.
- Queries and assistance can be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org